Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Keyboard Warrior

For Malay language version please click here.

1. A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life. 

2. The term is a combination of the word 'keyboard' (the main tool by which the person expresses his/her latent rage) and 'warrior' (due to the warrior-like aggression, tendency towards violence, headstrong nature and propensity towards brute force as a means of resolving conflict rather than more subtle means dependent on finesse). 

3. The Keyboard Warrior seeks to use the power imbued in his 'weapon' to effect death and destruction (in a strictly-metaphorical sense) upon his foes (other virtual identities he has encountered on the internet). In essence, the keyboard (ie. text input ability) allows the keyboard warrior to manifest his true warrior nature in a safe and removed environment, from which no real-life repercussions . 

4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unnecessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.

Photo credit: Google Images
Since both sword and pen are stabbing weapons, maybe the new phrase for the new generation should be  'the keyboard is mightier than the hammer' since both are blunt weapons and can be crush your opponents so when you bang the keyboard to these kids head then maybe they will understand.
Now.. What am I'm saying ? No, I don't actually advocate violence even though I will (always without fail) to play violent computer games whenever I have free time. I enjoyed killing all these tiny pixel soldiers, whether they're lowly ashigarus in Total War Shogun 2 or they're the elite Praetorian cohorts in Total War Rome II. No, I don't like to kill cartoony pixels in DOTA2 or TF2 and I'll leave those killings to kids so that they can fulfill their nerdy rages. My pixel killing spree must have more class.
Okay, probably by now you will ask, 'What is the point of this blog ?' I will have to disappoint you by saying that there is actually no point at all. Just a boring rambling on my free time and since my wife asked me to start blogging (she thinks blogging can make money - really ?) and because I think maybe it's fun. I'm not much a blog reader myself so I don't expect that anyone else to read my blog but maybe if this site (and the world) still exist in 200 years, then my future great-great-great-grand children can maybe have insight of the thoughts and the minds of what their 21st century ancestor view of himself, the world around him and how those help shaped how he is, how he was and how he is going to be.
So, welcome and be entertained !
Photo credit: Google Images
Disclaimer : All images are for illustration purposes only and this blog author does not claim any copyright to the published images and he only copied the images already publicly available on the internet (unless stated). The blog author also wishes to state that his opinion posted on this blog are his alone and not paid by any political parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magna Carta

For Malay language version please visit this link . There have been two documented events called the Baron’s Revolt (or also known as Bar...