Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The 10th Of June

On the 10th of June 1190, Holy Roman Emperor Frederick I Barbarossa drowns while crossing the Saleph River in Turkey while leading an army to Jerusalem during the Third Crusade and thrown his army into chaos. While the Crusaders army still have other capable leaders like Richard the Lionheart which have won many battles against Saladin, the have failed to win the war and Jerusalem stays in Muslim hands.

Photo credit: Google Images
At 3pm, 10th of June 1540, Thomas Cromwell, the Earl of Essex was arrested on the falsely accusation of the crimes of corruption, heresy and treason. He was then sent to imprisonment and later executed at the Tower of London. 

Photo credit: Google Images
The first boat race between the now famous Oxford and Cambridge universities happened on the 10th of June 1829 between Hambleden Lock and Henley Bridge on the River Thames. It has then became an annual event starting from 1856, interrupted only during the First and the Second world Wars.

Photo credit: Google Images
Thanks to Google, there were a lot of momentous events that happened on this date throughout history whether they are related to politics, warfare and even sporting events. There's so much that have happened on this date that's worth remembering.

There is however an event which is the most memorable, that is the event on the 10th of June 2005, the day that I married the most beautiful woman on the planet. It was 10 years ago to this date that I married my wife and it was the day that I don't need Google to remember.

From left : Iris, Iman and Ian.
To my wife, thanks for giving me three (any more coming soon ?) beautiful children. Thanks for being an ibu to Ian, Iris and Iman. Thanks also for being an ibu to Mimie. Last but not least, thanks for being you and besides the regular doa in my prayers, I dedicate this poem to you.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Happy 10th Anniversary darling, on this day, today the 10th of June 2015 to you, to me and all of us!

Disclaimer : All images are for illustration purposes only and this blog author does not claim any copyright to the published images and he only copied the images already publicly available on the internet (unless stated). The blog author also wishes to state that his opinion posted on this blog are his alone and not paid by any political parties.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magna Carta

For Malay language version please visit this link . There have been two documented events called the Baron’s Revolt (or also known as Bar...